You've seen the postcard that arrived through your letterbox? Wondered what it was all about?
"What do foot long pasta and rubber ducks have in common?"
Arundel doesn't just have foot long pasta and floating plastic wildfowl in common, another thing many people have in common in Arundel is a sense of community spirit.
It's true, and we're very lucky. If you need anything, just go in to town and get chatting, you'll find what you need and a nice local to help you find/source it within a few minutes. If something needs to be organised, same deal. The people of Arundel make up all ages and many are ready to get involved or to support local creativity, including the Norfolks at the Castle who kindly support many ventures, events and projects. A sign of the health of our community is we have a thriving What's On Diary of great events, let alone the Arundel Festival which is one of the largest charity volunteer multi-arts festivals in the South.
Here at Arundel.org.uk we're passionate about our community. We know it's what holds a town together, brings life, light, creativity, and connects people here and allows for the spark of growth and we all know what happens when the heart goes out of a town! One of our most important strengths are our shops and businesses. We are determined to support and help the community of Arundel grow so to do this we've set up Shop Local - supporting local businesses and community; a concept, movement and frame of mind.
Here's a list of the places to get the things we listed on our Shop Local postcard and more...
- Foot long pasta - Pallant of Arundel
- Miniature graters - Sparks Yard
- Art and gifts - Zimmer Stewart Gallery, Arundel Art Room, Arundel Framing Gallery
- A large range of cheeses - Pallant of Arundel
- Nuts - Larkins, Pallant of Arundel,
- Flowers - Princess & The Frog Flowers, Cullens, Lavender House and Co-op.
- Home-made rock cakes - Belinda's Tearooms
- Local wines - Larkins, Pallant of Arundel.
- Local eggs - Larkins
- Veggie Sausages - Larkins
- Selection of fresh cut meats - Arundel Butchers
- Gift Cards - Lulamae's, Sparks Yard, Secrets & Friends
- Books - The Book Ferrett
- DVDs - Cancer Research
- Hand-made walking sticks - The Walking Stick Shop
- Wedding Dresses - Catherine Francis Bridal Boutique
- Pet food - Co-op, Larkins
- Bird seed and feeders - WWT shop
- LED lightbulbs - Larkins, Co-op
- Alternative health foods - Gaskyns, Larkins
- American candy - Sparks Yard
- Vintage clothing - Lost & Found, Arundel Bridge Antiques and more...
- Antique radios & cameras - Nineveh House Antiques and Crafts
- Miniature dolls house furniture - Nineveh House Antiques and Crafts
- Dry cleaning – Arundel Trophies & Engraving
- Key-cutting – Arundel Trophies & Engraving
- Home-delivered Groceries - Larkins
- Framing – Arundel Framing Workshop
- Hair Cuts - Hughie Wilson's, Gilded Pleasure, No.7, Hackers, Tabs Barbers, Harvey Moon, Hayley's Hair Design
- Web-developers - TRS Technology, No Robots Here
- Live music - Too many to list, but visit our Music page and Arunde's What's On Diary to explore.
- Theatre - Drip Action, The Arundel Players and Shakespeare in the Castle gardens during August
- Opticians - Martin Steels
- Accountants – TaxAssist Monks Parkgate UK t/a Horizons
- Currency Exchange - Post Office
- Photocopying and printing - Bank House
- Cinema - Arundel Town Hall
- And many more...
To find any of the shops & businesses in this list, visit our Shops, Businesses and Trades pages, and while your here, do you need somewhere to eat or grab a refreshing drink? Here are our Dining and Places to Drink pages.
Visit Arundel www.arundel.org.uk supporting local business and community.